Monday, October 29, 2007

Promised pictures.

I promised my mom pictures of our homeschooling days. Now let's see if I can figure out how to post them.

Reading sentences in phonics

Here's Trevor working on reading some sentences for phonics this morning. We work at the kitchen table.

Reading!!

What he's reading!!! He reads them pretty well, too. He gets all excited over it.

Hi Ho Cherrio

The girls play games, etc while I work with Trevor. Rachael joins us for Handwriting, though. Here they are playing Hi Ho Cherrio, the world's most tedious game.

Concentration

While I set up math, they played a few games of Concentration.

Ladybug, pumpkin, Alien

All dressed up to go to homeschool group Halloween Party!!!!

Ariel piping frosting

Ariel piping frosting onto the pumpkin cake. There's a picture of Rachael, too, but it has other people in it.

Cake they decorated

The finished cake. They had tons of fun at the party. We ate cake, played "ghost, ghost, skeleton" and generally hung out and chatted. The girls hung close to me but Trevor ran off to play with the other kids and I barely saw him until it was time to leave!

Since we do mostly seat work for "official homeschooling" I don't have much to post right now. Hopefully we'll get around to history tomorrow. I just didn't get a chance today, I was too busy studying my own history for a test I took tonight! Glad that's over with!

2 comments:

CLH said...

They are getting so big! Thanks for the link! UGH! I wish I could quit my job and homeschool! Public school is SSOOOO scary!

Devon said...

I like his public school ok, but I definitely like keeping them home much more! It just seems much more natural for our family to spend our days together. And he is able to learn so much more when he has one on one time with me.

UPDATE your blog!!!! I check it all the time and you only update like once a month! :)