Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just a busy summer

I have been meaning to update this. We've been doing a lot this summer and lots has happened. Trevor turned 7!!! His bday was June 28th and we took a day trip to Ocean City to celebrate. We spent the day on the beach, splashing in the water and catching sand fleas. We rode go Karts, tried to eat birthday cake that dry ice had frozen into a rock. Had lots of laughs over that (even Trevor thought it was funny!).

We've gone swimming in the local area pools, and basically hung out. It's been a very relaxing summer for the kids and a busy one for me. I didn't quite prepare myself for the amount of writing my english 2 class would have so I have basically spent my summer trying to keep up with two classes which require a deal of writing and one class which, while not being writing intensive, seems interpersonal communication intensive. Argh.

ANYWAY.. this is not a blog about me. This is about the kids. Rachael celebrates her 5th birthday this weekend. I can't believe she is basically 5 already! Time sure has flown. We're making an impromptu trip which I am sure will prove to be very fun and Rachael will be so excited when she finds out.

Trevor has maintained his obsession with all things lego. He checks the mail everyday for his lego magazine, he spends countless hours building lego creations. Lately, he has become obsessed with Mindstorm. He got about 5 books about robots out of the library this afternoon and spent some time looking up lego mindstorm creation videos on Youtube with us. Then he designed his lego mindstorm to build with daddy when he saves up his money and can buy one. We have agreed to put forth 75% of the purchase price if he can save 25%. We're betting on a 200+ dollar price tag. I'm thinking it will end up coming around christmas time as a gift.

But here is a picture of his robot design. What I thought was cute was his spelling of 'remote control". He hears it as "Mokin trol". We talked about what remote control means, etc. I still call windshield wipers "wincher wipers" because that's how I heard it as a kid. heh.


"mejr mint" is measurement. :) His robot is apparently a bug, which can walk and hop and has an arm to pick up things and a camera that moves and takes pictures of things. He is not sure what the fan does, but wanted one on his drawing.



Lastly, we have a Roomba. We LOVE Roomba. The cats are totally, just completely disinterested in Roomba. I finally got video of just how disinterested Chaos is in Roomba. He can't even trouble himself with getting up. heh.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You need a new blog!

Deborah said...

You need a new blog!