Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New baby! (but not me!)

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, Ray met Juan and Maureen through his job. Juan and Maureen lived together with their cats that Juan always seemed to threaten to flush down the toilet. Then Juan and Mo moved to the DC area and Ray and I stayed in Jax and Ray moved onto other things besides AOL. But I guess we were all meant to meet back up at some point. Right after Ray and I got married, Juan gave Ray a call and, lo and behold, Ray was working for AOL and we moved to the DC area. Since then, sometimes our paths have parted ways for a while, sometimes they have merged back together. Once Ray and I left the DC area but we moved back. Throughout it all, we always stayed in touch just enough that we knew what was going on in each other's lives. We knew that Juan and Mo were happy being childfree and they didn't plan on having children. But once, while out at a restaurant, Maureen said she might like to have a child one day. I relayed this information to Ray later and he laughed and said "No way. They're never having children." I said I wasn't so convinced and I was pretty sure they would have a child someday.

So, of course (this is YEARS after she mentioned this to me), when they told us Maureen was pregnant... I wasn't too surprised. But Ray and I were both SO EXCITED! I just feel like I have known Juan and Mo for so long and it's such a thrill to witness them enter the wonderful world of parenting. They will be fabulous parents. So now I'll go ahead and post some teeny tiny baby pictures!

New mommy, Maureen, looking absolutely wonderful!


Oh, Ray... don't you want another baby?


Baby Zen Juaquin


Such a perfect little baby! He was so quiet, too. Living up to his name.


I'm a huge breastfeeding advocate. Maureen was showing off her nursing chart. heehee.


If there was a thought bubble coming out of my head, I would be thinking "OK, as soon as she turns around, I'm running off with Zen!" He is such a gorgeous, perfect baby. Congrats to the proud mommy and daddy!

1 comments:

webperez said...

I'm speechless. Thank you for the lovely thoughts, words, just everything Devon (and Ray). You guys are just incredible people. I hope Maureen and I are 10% of the parents you two are because then Zen would be very happy and very well taken care of.

Love and Hugs...