Friday, March 26, 2010

St Patrick's Day and Ray's birthday

I realize I haven't updated in a month. Oops. It's been busy- between class, volunteering, baseball, work, etc etc, I haven't had much in the way of a spare moment. I don't really have a spare moment now, but here are a few pics. I actually don't have much in the way of really good pictures, either. *sigh*


The girlies were all excited about St Patrick's Day and dressing in green. They went all out. Gotta love the teeny tiny sportin the winter boots and the scarf from India.


Trevor, who is a teenager early, said dressing in green was "super lame and he wasn't doing it". I told him he would get pinched. But he didn't care. He was however, really disappointed that the leprechaun didn't visit his classroom. He knows it's really the teacher, but all the same, he was bummed. So then being in third grade was lame because nothing cool like a desk fairy (for clean desks in Rachael's room) or anything like that came. I told him it was because he didn't wear green.. then we went out and got mint chip ice cream to make up for the leprechaun being lame that day.


Then, to complete the "lame" theme here, I didn't take good pictures for Ray's little family bday party we had! Ray's birthday was Tuesday but Ariel had a doctor's appt, and I worked that afternoon and then had class that evening. So we celebrated Wednesday, even though Trevor had baseball practice until 7pm. phew. Busy. The kids made him this super cool mug that they could write on- they wrote Happy Birthday! and then signed their names with lots of xoxoxoxo and little pictures. Then I bake it and supposedly the ink sets and it's dishwasher safe. It's cool! We also got a Coffeehouse Crunch Ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery and that was super decadent. Ray is officially 34 years old! Ray and I have the babysitter for Saturday and we're meeting friends in DC so hopefully I will get more pics then.


And I can't finish an entry without posting a pic of house pony Reznor. This is his favorite position when the kids are outside playing. He turned one year old on March 19th. He's huge now- 140 lbs of big ole drooly hairiness. So Happy birthday to Rezzie, too!

0 comments: