Saturday, October 04, 2008

New Kitten!

After our bad luck with our puppy, we were all feeling a little down and out. We visited our local shelter and lo and behold, they had kittens! But not just kittens.. my favourite kind- one little male nondescript tabby cat. We adopted him. I haven't had a kitten since Chaos was a baby.. and that was almost 10 years ago. We named our new little addition Greystripe, after Firestar's best friend and deputy in the Warriors series (yes, I'll admit it, I am devouring this YA series for my own enjoyment because I have a huge love of felines). We kept him in our bedroom for all of two days while the other two cats got used to him. Shadow wasn't thrilled but Chaos, who seems to be top cat in the house, didn't really mind. In fact, he won't admit it, but I have caught him flicking his tail for Greystripe to chase, so I know he likes the little guy. Shadow has come around and will even play a bit with Stripey now and then. The only time they seem to have little tolerance for him is at night after the human kids are in bed. Then Chaos and Shadow want peace and quiet and to lounge in the room with us. Greystripe is always bounding around like a maniac and trying to play with them and they usually hiss at him. I told Ray it's like when the kids stay up too late and he and I just want some peace and quiet! Here's some pictures. He was smaller when we got him.. we've had him for about 3 weeks now and is about 12 weeks old or so. He's a sweetie and sleeps on my head at night and has a love of people food. I have never seen a cat go so crazy as when Ray and I break out the ice cream, hot chocolate or pumpkin cake. He also loves pea soup, milk, rice and chicken. He's spoiled rotten.


Greystripe never stops moving, except when I sit down. Then he climbs in my lap and falls asleep.


He also has many many little kitty toys (all the cats do, but he is the one who plays with them)




Ironically, Greystripe is actually kind of spotted, not striped. He was stripier a month ago. heh


Chaos is the big furry Maine Coon. Shadow is a black cat with the huge owl eyes. The hermit crabs live in the aquarium they are sitting near.

0 comments: