Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween before Rome

I need to post Rome pictures, but they are all on Ray's computer. I do, however, have some halloween pictures. Note to self: do not go on a vacation out of the country and come back the day before Halloween. Not only had we not gotten a pumpkin, I did not have a costume for Ariel. So yesterday we scrounged out the rest of Ariel's cat costume and today, after two grocery stores were completely devoid of pumpkins, we found one at Potomac Vegetable Farms' stand on 7. We also picked up some of the best cider I have ever had. yum! So here are some pictures!!!


OK. These pictures are backwards, oops. I don't feel like changing them. This is their loot. They made buckets for candy with grandma and Aunt Mary while we were in Rome. We hit our entire neighborhood and they filled the buckets to the brim.


Starting out down the street. They ran right up to the doors, even miss shy Ariel. I would stand on the sidewalk, they would knock and yell TRICK OR TREAT! It was very cute.


Getting some candy from our neighbours.


Ariel the kitty cat. We got the cat ears at Michaels and the dress was the last one at Target and was thankfully in her size.


Ariel the kitty, Rachael was Cinderella, and Trevor was a skeleton pirate from Pirates of the Carribean.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

All the kids look just wonderful,and it looks like they had a happy Halloween for sure.
Devon, you sound exhausted. I bought loads of candy, we put the eyeballs out and hung the scary howling ghost, and had exactky two groups of trick or treaters. BOO.

Devon said...

I was exhausted! I can't believe you guys only had two groups of Trick or treaters. There will be lots of candy for Rachael to snag before breakfast when we come for Thanksgiving, I guess! ;)

Deborah said...

I will be stuffing the turkey with peanut butter cups and butterfingers. And there will still be plenty left for Rachael's prebreakfast snack...post breakfast snack...prelunch snack..you get the picture..