Monday, November 03, 2008

Rome! Part 1

Hopefully I will get a chance to keep updating this. This is our Rome trip, part one. As most know, Ray and I went to Rome for our ten year anniversary. We invited my parents along because 1. We all get along well and 2. It's always more fun to vacation WITH people! Our vacation was WONDERFUL! We had such a relaxing, great time that we didn't want to come home. Since I don't want this post to be 10 pages long, I'll just start in on the pictures, adding comments as necessary.


I have no idea why blogger is uploading my photos in the reverse order. Argh. This is the Vatican at night. We were walking from our hotel to Trevi Fountain. Day one.


This was Ray most of our trip. He took some amazing pictures, many of which aren't going to get posted and blogger doesn't do the photos justice anyway. Maybe they will get posted to his flickr.


Some angels on the roof of a building on our walk to Trevi fountain.


Eating at our first place in Rome. It's the cafe outside our hotel. It was good, but we found much better places to eat later.


My parents hotel room at The Mecenate Palace in Rome. It was a great hotel. We had a smaller room but still really nice.


Enjoying a bottle of wine on the terrace upon our return from Trevi Fountain.


The view of the church from the terrace of our hotel.


mmmmMMMMM.. gelato at Trevi Fountain. Everywhere we went had espresso and gelato. heh.


Detail of Trevi Fountain.


Trevi Fountain. It was packed with tourists and people selling stuff. The people selling stuff (everything from roses to scarves) were really persistant and were all over Rome. We just got used to saying No! a lot.

That was the end of day one. Our flight was great, it was a straight through flight and we upgraded to Economy Plus so we were not so cramped. I didn't want to nap when we got there, but our flight was all night and I was sooo tired when we got to Rome. As soon as we got our room I crashed for a couple hours. Then we woke and met up and headed out to Trevi Fountain.

Highlights of our trip that I will post soon: The Coloseum, The Vatican (even though we never could get in), EATING! The Picaso exhibit at a local museum and various other things.

0 comments: