Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Ariel!

I can't believe that, 5 years ago today, Ariel was born! She was born 2.5 weeks late at the Maternity Center in MD. My little baby girlie was just in no hurry to come out! I remember sledding and doing many other things, hoping to put myself in labor but it was not to be. Thanks to some Castor Oil, I finally went into labor the night before they wanted to induce me at the hospital and I gave birth to 9 lb, quiet little Ariel Luna. She made barely a cry, and even got a point off her apgar score for her silence. You wouldn't know that now! Ariel talks all the time. heh.

I woke to the kids this morning talking about Ariel's birthday. They were so excited for their sister! They also woke up really early... like 6am.


We surprised Ariel this morning with flowers, a balloon and some new books (a sticker book and Mahalia Mouse Goes to College- John Lithgow).


Trevor reading Ariel her card.


Rachael pouring her some cereal. She was thrilled it was her little sis's bday and insisted on making her some breakfast. I actually made her breakfast casserole and apple cake, too. We had a big breakfast.

Technically, we were going to celebrate Ariel's birthday on Saturday. We had planned to take her to a puppet show at Glen Echo. But the massive snow was putting everything up in the air. Glen Echo said they didn't know if they would be open Saturday. Not wanting to take the risk, we figured, what the heck, we'll celebrate today! The kids and I dropped Ariel off at Ray's work and rushed out to pick up some gifts and a cake. I was so proud of them. They pooled their allowance together and bought Ariel her present with their own money. Ariel REALLY wanted these doll shoes for her bitty Baby. So they bought her the whole set of shoes. They were so thrilled and excited to give her a present. Ariel was thrilled, too.

Then we took Ariel to see a movie- The Princess and the Frog. A really great movie. We all loved it. Then out to eat at Red Robin. We did not tell Ariel we were celebrating her bday today. So it was a surprise for her. She loved her bday!


Skyping with Grandma and Grandpa.


A PILE of presents!


The cake. Ariel wanted Carrot Cake and I was going to make her one but we celebrated her bday ON her bday instead of Saturday like we planned. So I ran out of time. This is a Whole Foods chocolate raspberry buttercream cake. Yum.


Make a wish!


Hi grandmas and grandpas! So glad you could share part of Ariel's bday with us!

1 comments:

GrammaPat said...

Happy birthday to Ariel. Looks like you had a great day...Your parents are so much fun...your daddy was such a pleasure to spend time with and the few holidays and events that we got to share (because he was mostly in some far away place) was such a joy. I thank them for allowing us to share in this limited way. I am so jealous of the grandparents being able to communicate through skype...but I haven't figured out how to use the cam on my lap top...but maybe that will be a project soon. It has been a real pleasure to follow you on a daily bases through Facebook. I may get caught up into all the social aspects of the internet...maybe. Any way I really enjoyed the pictures you Mom posted and looks like you all are having a great time. It's wonderful that Trevor and Rachael were so happy in helping you enjoy your special day. You all have a great day Saturday...hopefully the weather will cooperate...if not I am sure that the puppet show can be another day and another adventure. Grampa says he's glad your day was so special since you are such a special little girl. Oh yes ...you enjoy the snow even if it's a real job for Dad...It'll keep him in shape keeping it shoveled. We might get to see some flurries this afternoon...but I doubt it. We love you all. Gramma & Grampa
--