Monday, February 15, 2010

When it is snowing yet AGAIN

The thing with homeschooling was that snowy days didn't stop us. We went on with school lessons as planned. I had experiments or field trips, etc, lined up. Right now, because our school system goes day by day with the school closings, I just had nothing lined up for "school" or craft projects. We're all getting a little restless. I'm feeling the effects of SAD- I definitely need to start up the CLO again. So today Trevor came downstairs and said "Mommy. I don't know what to do." Normally I give him a billion ideas, to all of which he says "No, I don't feel like doing that." But today, I agreed with him. "Yea, Trev, I'm feeling a little unsure of what to do with myself, as well." Didn't feel like packing up and going grocery shopping, library has been done and done and done, it was steadily snowing a wet snow and we didn't feel like heading outside again. We had already played games, taught Trevor to cross stitch, and done my own crocheting. I was feeling lethargic and uninspired. Im'd Ray and he suggested painting. Didn't feel like dragging out the paints... but... I had this huge sheet of white paper leftover from a snow mural at the preschool. We were going to make a snow scene on it, but then decided to do summer pictures! What better way to beat the winter blahs with thoughts of green and beaches and summer!

Searching out magazine pictures of summery things.



They cut most of the pictures, I did the layout, they glued it down.


Coloring in a sun.


The finished project!


I put it on the wall by the now fixed treadmill. I can pretend I am running in the summer. heh


I love our sun and flowers!

1 comments:

GrammaPat said...

Some of the best memories are the ones that are unexpected, unplanned and by accident. I am sure that your exercise regement will be much more pleasant with the mural to look at. Enjoyed reading this and look forward to more of the same. luv u