Thursday, January 28, 2010

Since we're on a Rachaelism fest here...

Rachael realized her song was a huge success. So she dabbled in poetry this afternoon. Her poem cracked me up.. it had such a macabre element to it. You'll notice a trend of repeating tunelike sounds, even though this is a poem and not a song. I'll type her own words and translate at the bottom if you cannot read 6 yr old spelling:

I had a far and I livd on theat farm.
lalalalala
her comes the butchr fat and rawd
he cus met for th engglish men
ohohoh
her he comes
ohohohhhhhhh.

"I had a farm and I lived on that farm.
Lalalalala
Here comes the butcher fat and round
he cuts meat for the english men
ohohoh
Here he comes.
Ohohohhhhhhh."

All I can think is that she was inspired by the nursey rhyme concerning the black hen who lays eggs for gentlemen? Otherwise, I have no clue. It sounds vaguely threatening for the farm animals, though.

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Very cute poem Rachael...sounds like a nursery rhyme....Mother Goose.
Gma xxxxxxxooooooooooooo